Pronounciation: mahn dul shnit en
Direct from Germany (thank you Mrs. Radtke!!), this is a very easy cookie recipe that is sure to be a crowd pleaser. Max and I attempted the recipe last week and they turned out to be a complete success at our Christmas feast. Good luck saving enough to share!
- 250g all-purpose flour
- 100g sugar
- 125g soft butter (unsalted)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 150g melted butter (unsalted)
- 120g honey
- 200g sugar
- 200g chopped almonds
- 3-4 tbs milk
- Preheat oven to 170° C
- Mix base ingredients (first use the beater for the mix sans flour, and then once you’ve added the flour bit by bit, mix with your hands)
- Roll cookie dough onto a buttered cooking sheet. Shape it into a square (about 1cm or less thick)
- Bake for 10 minutes
- While the base cookie is in the oven: mix the ingredients of the topping together
- Take the base out of the oven and let cool for 10 minutes. Once cooled, cover the base with the topping mix.
- Bake the entire cookie for another 10 minutes (note: the topping will melt and spread over the edges of the dough unless the dough is fit to the edges of the pan)
- Let the cookie cool overnight.
- Cut the completely cooled cookie into squares to serve.
- They are delicious, so try not to eat all of them in one sitting.